Mis Abulitas

To give you a little bit of background information, I have been known to have an old soul. Like go to bed at 9 pm and wake up early, spend my time with my nose in a book and drinking tea kind of old soul. I love my old soul, I've had a good life, with nothing to complain about. Throughout my life there is one thing I have noticed though that seems a little strange.

Little old ladies quickly become my friends. It is almost as if they are drawn to me or that I am drawn to them, I'm not sure which. From Arizona, to Colorado, and now to Chile I have become friends with little old ladies without ever meaning to. I'm telling you they find me.

I took a bus to a little port town a couple days ago and when I got off the bus so did two little old ladies. They quickly asked me if I was traveling alone or if I was going to be meeting up with a friend. Once I let them know that I was traveling alone, they asked me if I wanted to walk with them along the beach. I said yes, after all that's what I was going to do anyways.


We went through the standard questions of what I was studying, where I was from, how long I had been in Chile. I should really consider making business cards with all of the information. They told me a little about their lives and their families and they were just the cutest little old ladies.

They then told me they were meeting up with some of their friends for lunch and asked me if I wanted to come along. I said yes, of course. And before I knew it I was eating lunch with 16 little old laddies. That's right not 1, not 5, but 16! Here is the pic of them all, yeah again, 16 little old laddies!


We ate and gibber jabbered, like, well, my friends and I in high school.  Any time you get a group of girls together you can expect a lot of laughter and high volumes of noise from all of the talking no matter the age. They were all super sweet and nice and they had a very high priced culinary taste. In total the bill for lunch was 156,400 Chilean pesos....my rent is 140,000 pesos. I don't know the exact amount in USD but I can tell you in total the bill was over 200 dollars! Yeah crazy. My meal was under 10 so I wasn't one of the big spenders, but still. SO EXPENSIVE!

After lunch, we all walked around the beach some more, at a slow pace of course, and then we all took the bus back to Conce. I now have 16 sweet little abuelitas. My old soul has found comfort with my fellow old souls.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwin' it Back

Working Hard...or hardly working

Holly Week/Semana Santa