Working Hard...or hardly working

So it's been about a month now since I started my internship in Bolivia. Can you believe that?! I can't. Time sure does tend to move quickly. Anyways...I thought I would fill you all in on what exactly I am doing for my internship.

So with out all of the technical mumbo jumbo I am updating the blueprints of the water and waste water systems for a municipality that provides services to a small section of the city. As of right now their plans are out of date which makes it difficult to expand and maintain the network. Thus that is where I come in!

I have the technical knowhow of the computer systems to be used and the time to wander around the streets collecting data on the piping network! In all reality I love walking. I could walk 20 miles before I would ever run one, so I am really excited to spend my days outside!

*Don't worry, I'll also be with someone who knows the area so I don't get lost or wander to far and all that. At least until I learn more of where everything is at.

I have really started to love Cochabamba. It's my basin surrounded by mountains on every side that make my heart sore. I'm forever a mountain girl, and I found my big city nestled in between mountains that have claimed my heart. I'm excited to explore the city streets.

Anyways, that is what I am doing for my internship. Its simple and sweet but drastically important for the growth of the municipality! It's what they need so it is what I will do.

Also please enjoy the below picture of a mama and baby lama...or alpaca...I don't really know how to tell the difference. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwin' it Back

Holly Week/Semana Santa