Summer Days

I'm sorry it's been a few weeks, life got hectic and there was just a lot going on with little time. So per my mom's request I'm going to do my best to get back on track for my few avid readers.

As of yesterday 12/8, I am done with university! All of classes done, finished! Don't ask me what grades I got because I really don't know....I think I passed though. The end of the semester was just as confusing as the start...

I didn't really know when my classes ended.
I had no finals.
And the dates and times of classes would change at the professors whim.

I have always known that having English as my primary language it is a privilege but I didn't realize how much until I studied at university in Chile. Academic papers that I would be given to read would be written in English, software programs that I would use operated in English, figures on power points would be detailed in English.

It really is a blessing, and I hope to always remember it as such. The United States has such a great influence on everything from media to engineering and anything in between. As a foreigner though it is my job to adapt to the culture I am in.

On a side note it is also the Christmas season, which means summer sun and days at the beach here! It's a little strange when I walk into the department stores and I see Christmas trees on sale next to bikinis...it's weird.



Our tree is decorated and my family is set for Christmas!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwin' it Back

Working Hard...or hardly working

Holly Week/Semana Santa