Mi Casa in the Mountains

I grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona. There is a population of about 70,000 people nestled in a mountain town at 7,000 feet. You can drive across Flagstaff in 20 minutes and the bus will go almost anywhere you need to go. I grew up with the forest at my convenience, the mountains as my playground. And now I'm in Concepción, Chile with a population of a little over one million. Adapting to big city living hasn't been the easiest for me at all, but one thing that is AMAZING about Chile is that not to far away you can always find a beautiful view. I went to Las Termas de Chillan not to long ago and was able to find a little bit of relaxation and home.


In the snow and the mountains surrounded by trees I felt my heart sigh with relief and comfort. In Chillan there are natural hot springs captured into pools for the public to enjoy but I was mesmerized by the views. Chillan is about two hours away from Concepción and it was a much needed get away. I can constantly hear the sounds of traffic and endless conversations and constant noise, but there I got a little piece of home. I felt the crisp air that my cheeks know so well, and smell the familiar pine trees and snow filled air.

In the mountains I find my home. I do not desire to be surrounded by metropolitan areas, big buildings and malls and mediocre Mexican restaurants (I'm still on the hunt for some quality Mexican food). I am a small town girl, who grew up with the mountains in view.


I can move away and be taken out of the mountains but a feeling of home in the mountains can never be taken from me. Oh and remember you are never to old to build a snowman or drink a cup of homemade hot chocolate. I would recommend doing both in Las Termas de Chillan. And please wish me luck on figuring out how to live a big city life without going to crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwin' it Back

Working Hard...or hardly working

Holly Week/Semana Santa